AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Poly4x4 woes
Thread: Poly4x4 woes
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Poly4x4 woes

I avoided mentioning this for a month or so, don't like to say these things without giving them a chance but I have tried to have some issues resolved, nothing but headaches from them. I hope they visit this forum for a rebuttal, because there is more i could say. have also asked for them to remove the images of my jeep from their facebook page (that were put up without covering my plates), dont want them promoting their business with my jeep.

I have 'Copypasta' to this section, from a less relevant thread, due to this being the place for this type of thing.

Quote:
i feel your pain, I had a similar experience with the folks that did my lift (poly4x4, a vendor on this site), they eyed in the control arms, track bars by hand, to the point that the caster on the rear was out so far the bump stop extension bracket slammed into the control arm bolt every time i hit a bump, and there was no less than 1.5 inches sticking out further on one side than the other, pathetic, car pulled to the left real bad also, ohh, and the arb diff plates were leaking, they had not even attempted to remove the original sealant, gunk everywhere, they also claimed to have adjusted the speedometer for the larger tyres but at 100km/h im actualy doing 110, i drive the freeway every day and pass under speed camera's twice daily.. might end up having to go to court.

Returned to them weeks later, booked in, they had my jeep for 2 days, and when I got it back they had flipped the control arm bolt, rather than shortening the upper control arms in so the caster improved, clearing the bolt, was also toed out in the front about 35mm.... on picking the car up they said they had no time to do an alignment, take it to pedders..WTF! (2 days to flip a bolt, and re-seal one diff). I gave it to them due to 1) lack of time to do it myself, and 2) felt they should fix their mistakes. 3) Could have easily done it my self but a professional (i use the term loosely) alignment seemed the better idea

have not plastered my experience all over these forums yet but this thread seemed good as any, so in closing not just stealerships and or warranty work, the folks you pay 6k+ for aftermarket work will also take it and run.... sales dept was very helpful though $$$$$

edit- forgot to mention on picking my car up after returning it to have things fixed, that they did not do, they had pulled the double black offroad stickers off my windshield and replaced them with their own, in what universe are they living to think i would want to promote their company (can u picture my face at the time?, lol)

/RANT OVER
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5

Last edited by sladey; 09-02-2013 at 12:18 PM.