AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WH Diesel EGR Disable or Leave it alone.
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2013
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I bought my WH GC CRD with 178,000k,s on the clock after having problems with the EGR on my previous Citroen diesel
I decided to remove it on the Jeep not so easy so spoke to CRDSTU got a GDE tune fitted a provent 200,KN filter panel the manifold was full of gunk used the Wynns cleaner also drained a litre of oil out of the inter-cooler had it ultrasonically cleaned to make sure no oil residue
Vehicle now has 255,000 k,s on the clock and has never gone better also blows no smoke only on very hard acceleration oh
I also use 3.2 ml per litre fuel of TC-W3 oil in the fuel this OM642 engine is going to see a million k,s in my hands

Modern European diesels don't have egr valves they inject urea into the exhaust system to burn the soot Mercedes call it add blue and Citroen call it eolys fluid

If you like the WH and intend on keeping it get rid of the EGR and fit a provent and Kn panel use the GDE tune to switch of the EGR and remap the engine
you will be very happy not only that much better driveability and better economy
I would say my gde tune plus provent and kn,panel will be paid for by the time I do 300,000 k,s in fuel savings
Doc, where did you get the Wynns EGR.