AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
Seems we have a lot of he should know and he's got a good idea that and a lot of inuendo from gossip from people that really are not in any position to have any idea what ARB are up to. Has anyone actually bothered to get it directly from the people who are in the know and provided the official timeline (as vague as it was) previously.

Seems odd, given how close ARB were, that they would abandon releasing a bar for the pre '14 models given how large the market is for existing owners let alone the forward market will be for those vehicles as they become second hand and even more affordable for people who truely want to wheel them. Also there has been no confirmed report of how different the front end of the update model is. If the mounting frame area has not changed and the light area is the only change and not that significant in the below bumper area then given these modern bars are almost always fitted into a cut away bumper it is quite possible that the same bar design could be tweaked to work with both or only slightly varied between the 2 to have 2 suitable bars.

Not that I'm supporting ARB one way or the other as I am not even int he market for the bar but seems a common practice to condemn and write them off without even gettign the facts. Fine to support Yankee Dave given his design is good and has been designed in conjunction with owners input etc etc but to condemn ARB without actual facts seems a bit lame and that negativity is not going to promote them to try any harder. By all means condemn them based on fact, I'm not trying to pump them up, but it's not constructive to condemn them on hearsay and guesses.

Closest we have to something that not a guess is Wanderers contact. Even first time jeepers info is still supportive even though that contact is still is an educated guess.
Fester, many of have asked and asked over several years and the only answer we get is "soon keep an eye on the web site!"
After 2 years of this I have given up on ARB, and will go with the company that listens and communicates with their customers !, UNEEK4X4 !!!