AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep Service not good enough
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jeep Service not good enough

Hi All,

I have a 2011 JGC petrol with lux pack and QL fitted to it. I have just had the 72,000km service on the car. Whilst these are expensive, i believe it is a small price to pay for the warrantee.
I have asked to have a grinding noise (from what i believe to be the front diff) looked at. I have had this noise for about 15,000km now. It is only intermitted and usually when car is under load Eg towing my caravan and moving off from a stand still. At my previous service(60,000km), the dealer ship (I will keep them nameless at this stage) said that the issue is with the oil and it needs to be changed. No worries, go ahead. On the service docket it states this. After about 8,000k this then re-appears. At the 72,000km service they have said that they cannot look at it or even investigate it due to the tyres on my car. I have Coopers LTZ's. Now the noise from the diff came before i had the new tyres and before i had the previous service.

So why would one dealer look at it and not the other?
Why would one dealer say it is the oil?
Why will a dealer refuse to look at a mechanical failure (regardless of tyres) when you have a paying customer?

Non of this i knew when the wife brought it back from Friday. So i will have a conversation with these guys on Monday to find out WTF??? Seriously, why would you not investigate it?

Has anyone else had this type of grinding noise from the front of your cars?

Paul