AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ: Tassie Jeeper's Wrangler Build
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sht50 View Post
Nice build man. A lot of blood, sweat and tears there by the looks of thing. I didn't see an upgrade of diffs there, I think you might need to address that. Ls1 and ultra low gears are going to hurt the 30's r&p. and more than likey the 44 won't last behind that either. Just something to ponder over. I would hate for you to sink all this coin and man hours into the build and not be able to drive it like you really want to.
yer im thinking about it i really wanna get it engineered if i can im not sure how id go with different axles id love some hp-d60's front and rear but im hoping mechanical sympathy and driving style will be enough atm, iv read before u can get your ring and pinion heat treated/tempered for extra strength and am looking into that too.
i only wanna go crawling on the rocks and some dune work i over the mud has
(cost me allot of dollars i didnt have)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwake View Post
Nice mate. What does it need to be back on the road?
minimum all new bushes and ball joints, tie rods, new piston rings, bearings, (valve guide seals maybe), gearbox transfer-case pinion seals front and rear.
the engine is not that bad i overheated it but it runs fine does not get hot so i doubt cracked heads or gasket but it blows tons of blue smoke and has very little power so i reckon iv glazed the bore and fried the rings

i figure i may as well upgrade the lot unless i can find some stuff cheap but i doubt it. im in no rush to get her going again its already been out of commission over 12 months just research more parts and start saving.
gotta go down to the army barracks on the tenth for preliminary interview hopefully that works out ill have a minimum 12months reliable work (tax free too) will keep u guys posted

Last edited by Tassie Jeeper; 17-06-2013 at 11:17 PM.