AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.7 drivers
Thread: 2.7 drivers
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Have some time off next month so at long last wil be able to fit a tranny cooler, any hints on mounting the thing or hidden nasties I may come across.
I had managed to mount a second (factory) power steering cooler on the passenger side, just had to tweak the power steering lines just a little so they didn't rub. I didn't end up plumbing it up but there looked to be sufficient room to make it work. Something much bigger than that looked like it was going to get a bit tight.

Otherwise there should be no other dramas. As long as the cooler is not too big to inhibit getting the lines down between the frame rail and the intercooler. I'd have a look at either side of the radiator/intercooler where some of the mounts go. Not sure if there is supposed to be any infill bits there but on mine there was nothing so some of the air can take the easy path around the side of the radiator etc. I cut some thin sheet and bolted in along the sides to block this path. With extra thickness of cooling mediums in there I think every bit helps and there should be no easy path for air to bypass the radiator. Unless all mine is missing I don't think the factory sealed it off very well. There is also a gap at the top behind the top panel.