AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lift and Tyres of your JK
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
I'm running my MT ATZ's at 32psi on road but mine are 285's which are D rated and I've got a heavier 4dr CRD. Mine wear evenly at 32psi and seem roughly follow the 4psi rule. I can really feel the difference when they're up at 35psi or more (they give a much harsher ride) and they then start to wear more heavily through the centre.

With you having 265's that are E rated and a much lighter JK I'd say you can run them a good bit lower, as Dave is saying. I think JKTom was advised by MT to run his 265 MTZ's at something like 24psi and that's on a 4dr CRD JK as well.

I've noticed when I drop pressure off road mine don't really start to bag out until I get below 24psi, so again your's would need to be a good bit less than that to get the same deflection, having stronger side wall and on a lighter JK.

Best thing to do its give it a go. Drop them, see how it feels, and keep an eye on them to see how they wear.
I'll try drop the tyre pressure, more reason to get a front bar.