AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Speedo recalibration
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

If your flawed theory of no change to rolling diameter due to tyre pressure changes... Explain how indirect TPMS systems work? You know the ones that work off tyre rotations (wheel speed sensor info) and will alert the driver to a under inflated tyre due to an increase in tyre rotation on high performance vehicle, ie nearly slick steel belted rubber not nobblies!!

Hahahah enjoy!
Matt

Here you go I will help you out, measure the two outside distances of these two tyres.... The deflated one is shorter despite the actual tread lengths being the same..the tread " cuts the corner" so to speak, check the distance A-A and B-B. They have two different rolling diameters due to inflation.

Ps, I can't believe you haven't tested it yet?
Mark the rim point it down perpendicular to the ground, mark the ground and do one full revolution on full pressure. Measure the distance, roll back to first mark and rim mark again perpendicular. Deflate till there is a significant difference in sidewall height and do one full revolution again. post results and shout the beers! Haha
Matt.

Last edited by Macca2801; 08-10-2013 at 05:50 PM.