AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Myths and fairy tails about the VM TD
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Diesel Jeep NT View Post
T
The workshop manual pics of the power steering motor don't resemble mine at all.
My question is this... it is suggested to me that mine is not a 2.5 (2490), but rather, the smaller 2.4 (2420) Brazilian made motor. Is it true that there was a 2.4 litre engine? This is what the car yard told me when I bought it. Also, an old guy I spoke to, who used to work for Chrysler out of Melbourne, claims there are 2.4 litre VM diesel engines, but only 500 that were made in Brazil under licence and were exclusively installed in the 1997 XJ Jeep. Is this actually true?

Might I add.... I get 720 kilometres out a tank of diesel.
Hi folks .... I am a brazilian and here in brazil the cherokee and wrangler never was made here. All of then was made in argentina and was imported to here. Include the VM2.5 td motor. I have an 2001 Xj 2.5TDI .
Actually here sold jeep wrangler jk imported from méxico. Perhaps the will made here blecause the association crhysler / fiat. Rumors says that....

Sorry my poor english.

Regards