AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezelweazel View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, I had to exchange the heater also in the past.
Will never, ever do that again! Seriously!
Yeah luckily it's summer now, I won't be rushing into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Down here on cold winter mornings mine struggles to get past the second mark. I suspect its getting too much very cold air from the snorkel & the heater is big enough to more than cool the engine. In the warmer weather it runs just above the 3rd mark which is about where the thermostat opens.

Just an update on the other one, havent got it started yet, wont start on the battery, will need to tow start. I am begining to think the #1 lifters may be faulty as the valves dont appear to fully close. If that turns out to be the casem the head will need to come off again.
Thanks LB. I'm pretty sure mine was 2nd mark above the 40. Would it have been so hard for them to go up in even 20 degree increments
Glad to hear your making progress with other one. I'm sure you'll work out the problem. That brings me to another thought I had today, are the rockers adjustable or hydraulic lifters?