AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ 98' 2.5TD VM Power loss
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation XJ 98' 2.5TD VM Power loss

Hey, i recently bought my first car, a jeep cherokee XJ 98' model. Its a great car, in great condition, however it was sold with a somewhat major power loss problem.

The power problem is that when driving, it seems as if the turbo isnt kicking in as it takes forever to build up revolutions, which is even worse on hills. IT DOES, get over 2000 rpm as most say if it doesnt, this is the dreaded limp mode, it just takes a while to build up past 2000. You can still hear the turbo spool however its as if its not applying the boost to the engine??

Things that have been changed/looked at:
-Fuel filter replaced
-Turbo checked (holding 16psi) being further assessed
-MAF replaced, however there was no change plugged in and unplugged so am looking or another one (bosch?)
-Mufler been cut off.

I've been told that it may be a fuel delivery problem so am looking at ordering a facet pump and also a going to fit a provent to help clean up oil mess. Also on that note, the turbo seems to be constently covered in oil

Has anyone run into this sort of issue, or have any ideas what else may be causing it?

Last edited by agwhiteb0i; 12-12-2013 at 11:51 PM.