AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - satellite broadband is it possible to get and whats the cost for the install?
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2014
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
yep, scottymc, thats what I did at my place except I built a 12db yage to test things out, then was going to build a 16db job but ended up moding a austar dish while only 7kms from the tower, lots of trees and a washy signal halt the time but the dish boosted things nicely around 4.07 DL and 1.06 UL going by speedtest. AG is located in a really shocking area, towers are miles away with big mtns in the middle but something is getting thru on the otherside but not where he's living probably have to get a reflected signal.
I am about 400-450m away from the 200-300m mountain directly behind me. The closest signal is in Fingal and is on the east edge of town. IMHO they could have place it on the highest mountain near Fingal not just where its convenient. Fingal is East of me. 28-30km by road. If I go to a place called Tower Hill on Cabin Rd I can get the signal using my antenna on my internet stick. This location is about 10km by road but the road is a shocker hence I don't like to go up the hill to get reception which is 1-2 bars at best using my antenna and can occasionally drop out. I can chat on my mob there (blue tick) but need to get out of my car to do it. I would be fairly happy to sit in my car at the other end of Mathinna if there was a way I could get range. My little antenna only improves reception by about 1-1.5bars. I am over spending heaps on fuel to get range. That is probably my main concern atm. Home would be ideal but any option other than what I have I will look into. My shed sits at the back of my block on the highest part maybe 4m above the road. My shed has 3m walls and maybe 4m off the ground at the apex. I only have a caravan to live in so can easily run cables through the acces door to the fridge.

Regards A