AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Newbie question. Big wheel on grand cherokee.
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
He may have sold an unroadworthy vehicle because the tyres were not correctly load rated however unless you still have these tyres or can get a declaration from the shop that you bought the new tyres from you may have a hard time proving that now. The 22" rims are a legal fitment on the GC as you can go a +2 fitment based on the largest rim available on that range of vehicle. Given the upspec models run a 20" then 22" is allowable. That's why I asked originally what model as anything prior to the WK2 would be an illegal fitment.

Who fitted the new tyres and why could they not do a proper balance and alignment. I would never trust a dealer workshop to do a PROPER alignment anyway but if you are getting dicked around by the dealership then a GOOD alignment shop should be able to confirm for you whether there is a wheel/tyre issue or a mechanical issue.

Is it a vibration through the driveline or a shimmy through the wheel. An unbalanced wheel as far as I know will generally show up as a shimmy in the steering wheel moreso than a vibration through the driveline.
Thanks for the reminder.
I do have written evidence from 2 x tyre shop stating i had illegal tyres on my vehicle.
I have 3 x wheel balance done now, the shuddering is still there. did 2 x balance at one family owned tyre shop and 1 x balance at jeep dealer on gold coast. Could you please recommend a proper alignment and wheel balance shop, what about Bridgestone?
I think mine is shimmy in steering wheel only.

One of my friend suggest me to get a lawyer letter to outline the whole story and request for payment, as this will have legal effect. i am not sure if my case is at this stage as yet??