AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - thinking of buying
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default thinking of buying

Hi guys. I've always owned wagons and was on the way to test drive the new Octavia when my wife made me stop at the Jeep dealer to look at a Patriot. I've always had a low opinion of Jeeps so I was happy to show her how rubbish they were.

Except it wasn't rubbish.

It doesn't drive as well as the Octi, is more expensive to run and isn't as safe, but it drove well enough, is pretty well equipped, ticks our boxes as far as space is concerned and is something a bit different for us. And the styling certainly appeals. So we're thinking of buying one, but I have a few questions for those of you who are owners, as it's a big change for us.

You hear a lot about reliability. Jeep is right down the bottom of the JD Power quality survey in the US. How many of you have had issues during the warranty period? Any servicing surprises?

Is the 2.4L as gutless as it felt on the test drive? How does it go uphill with a load or overtaking at freeway speeds? I don't mind that it's a bit more sedate than our current 2.5 Mazda 6, but I still want to be able to overtake without booking an appointment.

How have you found wear and tear on the interior? Does it scratch easily? Does it rattle and squeak after a while?

Does the Limited have a reverse camera as standard? None of the technical info mentions it, but the Compass Limited has one.

If you had to buy another car tomorrow, would it be a Patriot?

thanks in advance!