AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your WH/XH today?
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2014
MudSplasher

Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Grand today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
Not meaning anything but what about WK/2? How do they compare to WH?
That's OK AV8.

Exactly what Clarky said. In addition to that, there are more things that i personally like more on the WH than a WK2:

- all independent suspension on the WK2 vs IFS+solid rear axle on the WH. Although I liked the solids front and rear on my previous WJ, but the WH outperforms it with the ELSD's of QD2, where it needs only up to a quarter turn to achieve 100% lock and crawl over obstacles that many lifted Hiluxes, Patrols and Cruisers couldn't even do with a locker, and the WJ's QD could never lock to a 100%. At least the combination of the two suspension setups eliminated the scary body roll of the WJ, it's non existent and the WH can be driven like a race car even with the 2” lift. When I lift it further that might change, I'll wait and see.

- different transfer cases, at least I know that NV245 and other NV or NP transfer cases are proven, I feel like the MP3022's are somewhat weaker and break easier as witnessed.

- different diffs, unproven. WH had slightly bigger front diffs and slightly smaller rear diffs, but I prefer the stronger metal casing of the WH rear rather than the material used on the WK2's like what the transfer cases and front diffs are made out of.

- WK2 gear ratios are higher than WH's, 3.47 vs 3.73 so when running bigger rubber, you know what's better, plus lower aftermarket ratios will be available soon, not sure about the WK2's if they're ever gonna be available.

- rim sizes, 17" vs 18". I prefer the smallest possible rim with biggest possible rubber for more float/footprint/bagging, plus tyre availabilities.

- looks, prefer the yank look over the euro, it's just that bit meaner IMO. Plus no flip glass on the MY14 model, I use it a lot.

- recovery points issue and rating with MY12 models and onwards.

- muffler setup, especially on the 5.7s, nothing a muffler shop can't fix but costly.

Those are the things I prefer of the WH, but there are also things I like from the WK2's:

- much better interior

- slightly higher clearance stock

- rear electric door

- panorama sunroof

- many more welds, according to Chrysler

- the new 8 speed, but unproven

The only other thing I didn't notice were the two rear metal arms protecting the rear of the car and act as rock sliders on the WH, maybe someone can verify that.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x