AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - CJ7: Dan's 1984 rebuild project
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Sorry I haven't been very good at updating this.

Since I've finished (pretty much) all the wiring and everything seems to be working I've been working at getting the mechanical modifications finished.

I've had the radiator recored. I prefered this over an aliminium one. So it looks like new.

Then I had a custom extractor made up at Hiteck headers in Sunshine. They did a good job as I first tried an XJ header but it was way too low on the outlet. It stuck down lower than the belly pan. I gave it back with my old extractors and he made me up a custom fitting one. Nice S/S pipes with 2 1/4" outlet pipe.

I then bought a '99 TJ inlet manifold, had it hot tanked for a few days and just finished painting it up this weekend. I'm not keen on painting but I like it better than the oxidized look.

I'm now thinking about a heat shield to add to the bottom of the inlet manifold to keep the intake temps dowm. I've seen GoJeep's system and Dom's stroker from their websites and I think I like the shield that sticks a bit better.

When I figure that out I will be able to bolt them up for the last time. I've got another throttle body and I'm trying to convince a buddy here at work with access to a lathe to bore it out for me. I'll get a new butterfly valve made to fit.

I always get these setbacks like the fuel lines I had planned on using from my YJ donor but with the exhaust right along the frame on the left side I'm concerned about radiant heat effects on the fuel temp. I'm considering how to run the fuel lines down the drivers side.

I'm also on the hunt for a fan as my origninal CJ one spins the wrong way for a serpentine system on the YJ/TJ. I don't know if the TJ fans are the right size.

Other than that not much to report. Thanks for watching....