AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lift and Tyres of your JK
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2014
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRubicon View Post
Gearing in a Rubicon stock is different to the sport. (4.1 vs 3.73) So, the diff ratios on a rubicon are able to cope with bigger tyres without the need to regear. The sport will start to feel sluggish on anything bigger than a 33" as I understand it. In the auto, it will drop back 1-2 gears to get over very mild inclines compared to stock.

Your 2.5 lift and 33's sounds fine, just make sure you if you plan to use the stock wheel that you avoid a tyre thats wider than 11.5" as it will likely rub at full lock and on articulation of suspension.
Thanks NT!

And everyone! I really appreciate all the help this forum gives and am even more appreciative to those who turn a blind eye to my complete lack of jeep / off-road knowledge! It's very welcoming for a noob!

I'm 99.99% sure I've decided on a Duratrac tyre after chatting to Seacomm's and everyone and then doing a bit of research. They seem to be the go for an A/T tyre with the 285/70/r17 size (and a nice weight to them), as-well as keeping that 'tough' look of a M/T that I have to admit, I do like!

Now I just have to find some rims to match and somewhere to fit them!

Thanks again everyone!