AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ Overheating
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good tech thread guys.
Can i get some advice? I just bought my first jeep (95 XJ 4.0 auto) and was wondering what i should do with my cooling system?
Obviously ill make sure its all in top condition (new alloy/plastic radiator just been put in before i bought it)
I live in Newman and we get upto and over 50degC ambients in summer.
We also dont want to overheat and get stranded in the middle of the desert with no phone reception.
so what coolant mix, what thermostat etc should i run?
should i upgrade the radiator? and to what or which brand/type?

I am going to be spending the next month or so replacing and modding most of the car, and reliability is right at the top of my priorities (always as been)
Things like cromoly axles etc are first on the list (as ive heard the rear is prone to breaking), before i get a lift kit etc just for strengths sake.
I was also going to run an external auto cooler, to take some load off the radiator, just haven't found the best place for it yet...

I just want it as "overheat" proof as possible, just like im going to try and make it as unbreakable as possible (may even be getting bigger diffs, think they were 44's, instead of an axle swap)

Thanks in advance guys