AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - KJ Owners post your PIC!!
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2014
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
I looked into the Clevis lift but seemed like a fair bit of work, plus my lift has been due any day for the last few weeks. Hadn't looked into the conduit nut but now that i do it does seem like a good idea, in fact I'd probably do it but my lift is due any day now (really this time, tracking number says it's at the depo - finally)
The packers and the conduit nuts don't actually do anything, they simply serve as a guide. It's as easy as jack up the side you're working on, loosen the clevis pinch bolt, use a prybar or tool of choice to slide the clevis down on the shock say 10mm, then re-tighten the bolt. all done. As stated, 10 mins work, and will return an inch of lift or thereabouts. it's the only thing keeping my front end up until my replacement lift goes in. You can even do this after the new lift gear goes in as it is a common method to level out the car if you have a front bar installed.