AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - CJ7: 1978 rolling rebuild
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Hi I am in the same process as you, with the ARB leaf springs is ther s part number

HiI am in the same process as you, With the ARB leaf springs is there a ARB part number you can give me please. The CJ had some major mods not done to my liking, 360cui, 2 barrel Holley hot dog exhausts out the side etc,

I will also be getting the Bilstein from the USA, got 5 new mags and new floor shifter, by boat, edilbrock inlet manifold, rocker covers carb covers. 600cfm Holley 4 barrel carb, new seals bearings for the th400 auto & quadatrack transfer case, got new 11" drums and shoe for rear brakes, bloody big brakes, still trying to work my way the the mysteries of the from disks, got 300 dia rotors 1 1/18 " thk not 7/8" thick rotors no caliper bolts (2off) like the XYs. Fancy polished chrome alum diff th400 covers, new dash Pad covers and instruments, side door covers and sunvisors all new rubbers for whole of jeep. Full new painless wire loom, they had bastardise the org loom. Will send some picks of bits has I finish them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottieb View Post
Thanks.

I ordered the ARB springs locally, got bilstein shockies out of the US and used ARB shackles, Crabtree front spring mounts and new spring plates to get a working combination on the suspension. It isn't an overly hard job, but having good tools helps. Two jacks is definitely handy.

The end result is pretty good. The car sits higher, looks better and rides a lot nicer.

Attachment 65929