AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 57 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruggz351 View Post
Hmm. Check the rivets on the blade that touches, to see if the blade hasn't 'slipped' a bit. The blade could be bent or twisted.
Were you or someone else working on the XJ before the this problem started?

cheers
No it just started out of the blue.It was the Harmonic balancer in the end

SO what did I do to my XJ over the last 2 days?
Replaced the Harmonic Balancer, while it was off decided to replace the front crank seal.. of coarse it was jammed in tight so I had to pull the timing case to get it out. Took for ever to clean it and get it ready to put back on.

Everything going well and merry, used the Haynes FSM advice to use two bolts and a screw driver to hold the pulley steady as I was alone. All going well until I was pretty much done and BAM two bolts sheared off. Took a fair while to get the pulley back off to drill out the sheared bolts and put it back together.

While putting everything back together, the idler pulley's thread completely stripped out so then I had to pull all of that off as well to clean it and re thread it.

Also discovered a weep on the lower radiator hose where it joins the motor. and it looks like my rear main might start leaking again. What an absolute PITA this jeep is becoming.