AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ overheating? Start here - the basics!
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2014
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

On that trip up to the lake I also had the A/C on. This jeep still has it's 333,000 km factory water pump on it. The XJ suffers from as we know, cant get a good size fan in the engine bay to help pull the air we need to get heavier cores to work well unless like said before electric fans running all the time in the slow stuff. So this large single row radiator is working well and this winter the bottom hose is always cool to the touch even at highway speeds and idling in the driveway it is pulling the heat via the fan very well. The fan in this cold air is not locked in and roaring either(only when first started like normal) The engine sits on 100 all year around.

I have given up on the copper brass Adrad radiators as I cant get more than a month out of them before they let go on the hot header tank. The tubes are pulling through. I put up with a leak for 12 months as the first radiator htye repaired it 6 times and it would fail over and over again. Now I have a single large row cheapo off E bay and it works well and it has not leaked yet. Time will tell I guess. New genuine thermostat and the gauge is up and down on the thermostat all the time like the Adrad. The Adrad worked well very well but the material quality is Bad.