AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ overheating? Start here - the basics!
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2014
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Well that's what they said to me and I said I bet you a radiator you don't find a thing apart from the leaking rad and a low concentration of coolant due to the top ups I have to do every week. 2 litres a week.

They tested for stray current, thermostat operation, water pump flow, condenser condition, drive belt routing, air flow, head gasket, idle speed, fuel mixtures, carbon build up with camera on a stick down the plug holes, correct spark plugs, and so on and they found nothing but an old jeep looking back at them leaking coolant. Radiator mounts, engine mounts checked to for alignment and correct fitting.

They gave me another radiator under warranty. this new one last a day and I cracked it big time. Don't tell me its' the car because I have now changed out the engine with a factory built engine with only 211,000km's on the clock and the radiator still let go. The radiator repairer has 37 years of building cores from scratch for earthmoving equipment to old honey comb cores from the ground up so I am sure the man can solder a radiator(new). The repairs would last a day to 2 days tops. I was going but wing nuts on the radiator for quick removal. I can pull the rad out of my XJ in 20 mins with hand tools.