AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Roof Loading
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
The limit is supposedly 68kg (150lbs), I've been trying to work out how I can carry a kayak, max trax, gas bottle, tents and camp furniture without going over the limit. I have read that others have gone up to 80-90kg without too many issues, so was hoping I'd be ok. I'll need to check for movement when I do get a platform up there, maybe the type of rack makes a difference.
Yep 68kg (150lb) is the OE spec and MUST NOT BE EXCEEDED..Well that's according to the Jeep specs....I weigh more than that so I'm not about to climb up on my Rhino Rack....I think the Thule system is only rated at 50kg and it mounts on the OE rails...The Rhino system has standoff brackets that screw down using the OE rail mounting points inside the OE rails without replacing them..The brackets that fit inside and are pretty damn solid but I don't think this alters the 68kg spec..

Rhino Rack Leg Set:

NOTE: Rhino say when used off road you must halve the the roof load spec See:Rhino Rack Installation...34kg ain't much..Mate had 50kg up top when he over flexed his roof (previous post) at Cape Melville

Rocky Road do a steel roof rail kit that replaced the OE rails and have a nice Crossbar Kit that mounts on them.

Last edited by Wanderer; 07-07-2014 at 07:28 PM.