AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Chrysler- Fiat,Waiting .waiting waiting for parts
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2014
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hi,

First time poster

My 3.6 Wrangler Sport JK 2 door had a power steering fail at 7,800km. It's intermittent, but worse at slow speeds and an awful whine above 2,500rpm.

Took it to John Hughes for it's 6 month service and repair under warranty.

They did the service but stated a new pump was needed and would be 6-8 weeks before it arrived.

The dealer suggested I continue to drive with intermittent power steering and not to worry if the pump bearing failed and threw the belt out as I had Jeep Road Side Assist!!!

He said all I could do was call Jeep Australia, which I tried but they are closed for the weekend.

Certainly not gonna keep driving it, as it's dangerous. Not looking forward to 2 months of waiting, with rego ticking by and depreciation, loan interest etc. for something I can't use.

I did read a few grumbles about jeep part availability but was blissfully ignorant it would happen to me!

I'm also dreading that there may be another issue like the power steering gearbox....I'd hate for them to replace the pump and still need more parts!