AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 46 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
Post up what you have, could be useful as a starting point....
Righty-o JJ, here we go! All care taken in reproduction, but no responsibility!!
As you say, it's good for a starting point and I hope it's good enough for someone to have a go at.

The drawing;

I worked off a rough cardboard template and matched everything to the car as I went. This drawing is made off of that rough template, therefore all faults are included!
I had to reform section 3 as I went so it would be a good Idea when cutting out to give yourself another 10mm around that end of the template.
It's been drawn on an A3 page, so if you can print the photo and scale it to the measurements it should be cool.

Fold it to a "C" shaped section. I filled the top with a piece of plate cut to required size and welded in. This extra piece of plate needed a notch cut into it, matching the notch in section 1, to clear the tail light mounting screw.

I had a LOT of fun hammering, welding, grinding and making a lot of noise with this. Hope someone else does too!