AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2014
Irok Bandit

Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
Hey Clarky, I wonder if each case could be different. Given that I tried a non effected actuator and FDCM and swapped and change with the affected ones, and the only combination that worked for me (and still works every time) is the non affected FDCM and the affected actuator?????

As Professor Julius Sumner Miller says....."Why is this so?"...

Cheers, Craig
....."Why is this so?" Arr.. let me enlighten you grass hopper The no low issue was caused by the software update of the FDCM. Pre-update FDCM's are unable to detect the faulty encoder in the actuator so they go about there business as normal, the signals they receive from the actuator are not perceived as a fault so 4 low continues to work. The update was supposed to detect the corrupted signal from the actuator (encoder) & disable the shifting ability (low & neutral) of the transfer case but as we all know now it disables the T/C with any variance of the 5volt supply to the FDCM.

Your old affected actuator may not be affected at all, not all have the encoder problem. If the non-affected actuator you have didn't work with a pre-FDCM I would say it has a fault in it, maybe not the encoder though.

With a proper software update C/F's solution should work, its a matter of getting it working in the real world environment that there engineers/tech's didn't succeed with.

Last edited by Clarky; 25-08-2014 at 07:54 PM.