AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2014
Irok Bandit

Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko82 View Post
I rang Albion Jeep this morning. It appears from the VIN and the Chrysler Records that this WH has't been in to have the flash done yet. The guy I talked to said that if it has this problem, and hasn't had the flash yet, then it could be related to something else?!

If I am going to go ahead with this one, it will be after it has been in to have it repaired and working with the flash done as well
Whoever preformed the flash may have forgot to do the paperwork & register it with C/F or I wouldn't put it past someone to have swapped out the FDCM for a flashed N23 one before it was traded/sold or even swapped out on a test drive .

I won't lie & say the thought never crossed my mind when mine was playing up (I have the recept for my replacement FDCM & I can prove ownership)

If the FDCM had not been flashed it would have gone into low but the "Service" message would have stayed on the dash.

Quote:
Another thing the guys at Albion said is that there is a new Flash which means they don't have to replace the Actuator any more?...Any on have news/ideas on that?
If the Actuator is not faulty then the flash will bring back 4Low but if it is faulty it will disable 4Low as it is supposed to do, either way insist it all works before you hand over the dollars.