AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

[quote=Wanderer;1495579]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
Yeah, nah.... Sorry, I can't agree with you there Wanderer.
QUOTE]

.Pity the N23 debacle has taken so long to resolve and how many frustrated owners out there don't know how to exercise their consumer rights or what they are: This is something worth reading.

Broken but out of warranty? You still have rights

Sounds good but just try exercising you rights and you'll see what I mean.
I believe that it is the legal action that bjm took against CF that got them into action to resolve the N23 issue as they realized that they would have been in trouble if the action proceeded to a hearing.

In my view the Destroy my Jeep fellow went about things the wrong way I don't think he achieved anything by doing what he did...didn't get him a new car did it and it was never likely to. I can't understand why he did not take legal action against CF I believe he would have got a far better result.

While there is now new legislation, it is largely based on the old Trade Practices Act. I'm fairly sure that prior to this new legislation consumers were still protected by statutory guarantees and in any case a Court has discretionary powers to rule whatever it considers fair and just under the circumstances.