AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 gearbox - kaput?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Update; The car has shown code P0741 "Torque converter clutch circuit performance" The local Jeep guy sent a report to Jeep last night. Now I have to wait in dread that Jeep will cover this under warranty.

This local guy is buried under all his other work and I am worried he can't give this the priority that I want. I can't blame him for that. As he said, the best thing for him would be for Jeep to just say to replace the box. Then he can wait for it to show up and then it will be a relatively quick and easy job. Unfortunately for me, due to a number of factors, I just can't hang around that long hoping Jeep will answer some time soon.

Does any one know a good number to ring to see if I can get a quick confirmation (or otherwise) that it will be covered?

What really gets my goat with all this is that I have babied this car the whole way. I never just stayed in 5th. I have driven it manually probably at least 95% of the time, picking a gear to suit, watching the fuel useage to gauge how hard it is working for clues when to change and only rarely feeling comfortable to let it make up its own mind.

And we have rarely driven more than 250 ks in any day. Usually then staying for 3 to 5 days before we tow again. We left Perth last November and only started getting warm weather over the last 3 to 4 weeks (mid to high 30's) Prior to that it was cool weather the whole way. I have racked my brain about where we've been and how we got there and I do not believe I have treated it harshly in any way.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I am terrified I will be left holding the can here.