AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Snorkel
Thread: WK2 Snorkel
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

[quote=djsmiles;1496718]Hmm. Im In two minds.. ready to get a snorkel. Go with airflow or wait for the murchison one..
QUOTE]

From what I've just read in the latest 4x4 Australia.."Black Magic" article, Stu is quoted as saying his snorkel won't be ready until at least the end of this year..I'd like to see the specs and dyno data re speed /revs vs power..I know Airflow has been in the business for many years but Stu has only just entered it...This is not to say Stu's won;t be good but I'd like to see data and reviews before hacking into panel work etc only to find all is not good..Bit late to change since the entry hole is in different locations and the plumbing route is different for each and what happens with mods to the airbox...Softly softly is the approach, diesels don't like air starvation just like reversing the air ram re:

(extract from S003D instruction booklet)

Quote:
Do not turn the Air Ram away from the direction of travel because it will lessen the positive pressure necessary for proper operation. In extreme situation, at speed above 25km/h a vacuum may be generated causing irreversible engine damage
A smaller Air Ram Head won't cause a vacuum but at low speeds but like Michael says, won't necessarily supply sufficient air with some adverse effects.