AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 gearbox - kaput?
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Jeep56,

I live in Karratha 220km south of Port Hedland and our wk2 over the space of 6 months developed a knock in the front end. I finally diagnosed it as play in the steering rack with the mechanic at work and took it to the same agent you used (our closest) on the 1st November with the warranty to run out on the 8th. Every time I follow up with him he says he hasn't heard anything back from Jeep Australia and we will go from there.

What was you experience with how soon you heard back from Jeep Australia initially? 3 weeks seems excessive to me and im now thinking he is giving me lip service. We are due to drive down to Perth for chrissy and at 1650km I wanted to get it resolved before we left but on our phone call with him this morning he is shutting shop this w/e.

how did you contact Jeep Australia? and where did you get the reference number for your warranty claim from?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep56 View Post
From my point of view, the agent and Jeep Australia are one and the same. I made it perfectly clear to Jeep how bad the agents workshop was, how many lies he had told, how my car sat on the side of the road for 6 weeks (and I mean, side of the road, as in, literally right next to the footpath) with zero security or protection. Jeep made numerous promises to keep me informed and to give the repairs high priority. In every single case, they lied as well. They did not return one single call they had promised to, and they did absolutely f**k all to hurry the job up.

Basically they said all the right things but did not actually do anything to help.