AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Did some little things. I didn't want the clamps for my roof basket to scratch my new rack so I got some glue lined heat shrink and covered the clamps with it, was a bit of a pain getting the bottom piece on as it goes a little way up the side of each 'U' and then a smaller piece covering the join and down each side. The glued filled stuff is great for this sort of thing as it is double walled and tough, I've even used it in multiple layers to cover the foot shifter on my motorbike.

Also grabbed a pic of my Thumper compressor, I cut the battery clamps off of it and put on an Anderson plug instead, and then put another Anderson plug on the tail of the clamps. Now I can plug it directly into the external power I have on the JK or connect it to the battery if preferred, I rather not work under a hot bonnet after a day of wheelin though hence the Anderson plug instead.

This thing is huge compared to my previous twin head compressor and wont fit in the storage under the floor in the boot Ah well, strap and stuff can go in there now.

Cheers
Steve