AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WJ Long Crank Time
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetnblurt View Post
inside the coil where the spark plug plugs into the coil , there is a spring type clip , these can get worn/damaged , now I read somewhere they can be replaced , I have not done as yet , so I am not sure how they come out but there should be info on this , also it helps if you get a small tube of electric grease , this helps to make a electric connection , (called die electric grease) it might go by other names , a small smear on the side of the tip of plug where it goes into the coil this will help to make a good connection . the connectors in the coil do wear , and it does help to make that fire.
Yes I have had the coils out, they look to be in good condition from what I can tell.

Why should I check timing? It seems a bit pointless as it was running ok, and nothing has been touched there?

I also took some voltage readings across some of the coils while the car was running, no voltage difference between the two posts of the battery and between the battery and anywhere on the motor that is bare metal. Was right on 13.8v

No Problem
˙˙˙ɯǝlqoɹd