AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2014
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
Did this tonight over a beer. Got the sub, soundbar and tweeters done.
Front speakers will get done over the weekend.
Makes a noticable difference - cheers for the tip.
Pretty much unbeatable as far as value for money goes! Certainly there are far more significant improvements you can make with head unit, amp & drivers, but for ~$6 and a little time, this makes a big change.

For those who CBF looking on JKO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
It's Saturday afternoon & the Xbox360 just froze. Time to polyfill!

Rear soundbar speakers, easy. Sub, easy. But why only do the rear? I'm in the front, so I want them to sound as good as possible too! Front speakers, more of a challenge.

To do the fronts, you need to pull the whole speaker box out first as the front grill is part of the dash plastic. So, passenger side, drop the glove box, & remove by pushing in the tabs, ok. Pull the lower panel, ok. And the side panel next to the door, ok.

2 screws, 7mm hex head, on the side out, then one 8mm hex head from underneath where I removed the dash lower. Unplug box & slide in toward where the glove box came out , tip forward & remove. As with rears, remove 3 #15 Torx and stuff. Reverse to put back in.

Drivers side now! Oh bugger, the steering column is where I pulled it out on the other side & that aint coming out in a hurry... Hmmm. OK, pull as the other side, then remove about 5 7mm hex that hold the dash plastic on between the steering column and the door along the bottom and the vent for good luck. Undo the 3 screws holding in the speaker box & unplug.

Pull plastic out at the bottom on the door side and with other hand twist, turn & pull the box until I find a way it comes out. Not as bad as I feared!

Stuff box & then go to put back in. Pull plastic & try to put it in the way it came out... I can hear you thinking that this is where it went bad, and you would be WRONG! Went back in easier than it came out! :bounce: Adjusted some wiring from the CB and Aeroforce gauges back out of the way & reassembled.
Also: Looking at a slide for the back. Moved the sub up onto the right wheel arch and yesterday, removed the carpet from the rear & cleaned it out. Sprayed down a layer of bed liner. Now to measure up the slides I bought, (~813mm, 227kg locking)and the rear to figure out how to mount them! And one of the damn tie down tabs in the back won't come out. The nutsert, or whatever, that it is screwed into is spinning in the tub.

Last edited by Banshee; 18-12-2014 at 05:41 AM.