AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Overheating JK CRD 2.8L Manual
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0375 View Post
The mechanic you spoke to should really think before he speaks. A well maintained crd with a transmission cooler will tow fine. The problem is there is a radiator, air con, trans cooler and intercooler all at the front and you have almost completely blocked it with a really badly designed bar. Also the radiator does have a habit of getting quite dirty, a little maintenance will fix this.

I am not sure if you bought it in Australia but I would be returning it if you did. It is not fit for purpose.
Hey Chris,

Thanks for your input, the bumper is a two piece, worst case I can pull the middle piece of, however I looked at a lot of bumpers before going with this one and I really liked it 'each to their own' and would like to make it work, just trying to figure out a way to make it work now.

Speaking to Jeep, they have looked at it for me and they certainly didnt point the finger at the bar right away, the mechanic there mentioned that it wouldve certainly amplified any minor issues that may have caused overheating, he touched the viscous fan and said it was really light, noted that i may need a hub fan which would help the drag and suck out more air..

And no unfortunatley I got it from the states, so I will def be going back to them with these concerns, I just assumed that it was something to do with the intercooler because they only sell petrols over there and maybe no one has complained because they dont have a front mount intercooler.