AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Overheating JK CRD 2.8L Manual
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0375 View Post
Rear mount radiator! And tmic! Or get a practical and legal bar.
Thanks Chris.

In regards to legality, every state is different. On my previous jk I had a stubby smittybilt and had no issues with authority, keep in mind that the old FJ toyotas came with a stubby bumper standard, I like the stubby ones because they give you greater clearance especially if you have aftermarket fenders as oppose to full width bumpers or the high clearance pitched ones you see on hilux's. From my understanding you cant have any parts of the bumper protruding outwards, ie like the stingers you see on som jk's and it has to be ADR approved for airbag deployment which i highly doubt half the american ones would be..and if you look at ARB they have now introduced a stubby bar as well.. end of the day if I get pulled up for it I'll deal with it then.. I like stubbys they look good..

And on the topic, I think TMIC would be a bit overload, hopefully i dont have to move anything around and can get some more air through with some minor adjustments.. I also heard about something called a CRYO ring which sprays the intercooler, havent looked too much into it yet.