AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Overheating JK CRD 2.8L Manual
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
I took one look at the picture in the first thread and my initial thought was "what idiot designed this set up?"

I know you like the bar, winch and light mounting......but seriously, its like you taped a big piece of cardboard over your radiator grill inlets and now wonder why it's getting hot. My only surprise is that it's not overheating.
I've never liked anything blocking air to my radiator.......especially high mount winches, or even the Warns with the solenoid box stuck up on top then mounted on the top of the bar, rather than in it. Even big diameter driving lights can affect airflow on some 4WDs when mounted directly in front of the grill.

Just interested in what brand of bar that is? I've never seen one fitted before.
I'm not having a go at you at all....but if you leave that set up the way it is, you are going to have problems...most likely climbing some track in the middle of summer in low range.

Hope it works out for you, OK.

Hey Leigh,

I guess I didnt do too much research mainly because it was a reputable company 'Fab Fours USA' this particular model was on display at SEMA last year as well, it had the combination of lighting brackets and the winch and I liked the look of it 'again personal opinion, im sure everyone has different taste' but as i mentioned before if you go into Apple store to buy a phone cover, you dont doubt that your phone will overheat in one, you would assume they have designed something that works.. and its not as restrictive as it looks, perhaps thats why its not overheating completley, and I have also now seen 2 independant mechanics, one is a good all round 4wd mechanic and one was at JEEP dealer and none of them pointed the finger at the bumper immediatley. Jeep said it would've amplified any minor issues and recommended working on the Viscous fan..

hmm, I wonder what the response will be from the company when I raise this to them.. def cant afford a flight over there weekly to chase it up..