AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Overheating JK CRD 2.8L Manual
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

I had to change from this....
To this....

The lights were sufficient to disrupt the airflow through the small grille so that normal driving could push the temps up.
You can chase your tail trying to find ways to keep it cool without losing the bar but the manufacturer was onto something when they decided airflow was the easiest and cheapest way do the job. But hey.... It's your money and if you want to throw lots of it at your jeep pointlessly then that's your choice.
The second point I would make is the factory viscous fan is not reliable. Mine was cactus but was still getting sufficient airflow from the elec fan that I was still able to tow in 40deg heat. I only noticed it was hotter than usual and checked the fan.
Hayden do a heavy duty one and it's cheap as... Summit Racing direct or on their ebay page.
Oh and when I say tow...it's about 1.8 ton of Jayco, just got home and parked it up and at 35deg the engine sat at 88 deg 100km/h
Matt

Last edited by Macca2801; 05-01-2015 at 03:19 PM.