AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Trading the Forester…..Buying my first Jeep !!
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015
I just registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
However, with the Trailhawk, some of the on-road quality is lost. It's not as refined as the normal Cherokee and if you're not doing a lot of off-roading that's something to really think about. Personally, if I were in your situation I would go with a Grand Cherokee.
I was concerned about the same thing so I'm heading down to the dealer again tomorrow to test drive the Trailhawk and see how it compares to the Cherokee Limited we drove last Sat.

You again had me thinking of going 'Grand' for similar money but it would still be about $5k more by the time I optioned the GC Ltd (and I loose most of the tech pack feature unless I go to the Overland, then you're talkin more like $75 grand!).

But your feedback is much appreciated. Hearing stories about recent trips to the beach in the TH really help create a feeling of how she will handle the soft stuff.

That's about the 5th time I've heard about folks simply leaving the terrain selector in AUTO. Interesting hey? They said the transmission laboured a little longer in SAND mode and the engine struggled less by simply leaving it in Auto.

I'll do the right thing by Subaru and booked a test drive of the 2015 Forester XT Premium right before I take the Trailhawk for a spin in the morning. I think it will give me a better comparison than any review site could possibly offer

It's nice to have something a bit 'new' and dramatic looking on the roads and there's a certain 'X-Factor' that keeps me coming back to the TrailHawk each time

Your comments are most welcome - feel free to keep them coming.

(ps - I can't seem to find the 'like' button on your forum posts. Any advice?)

Last edited by mattyd; 16-01-2015 at 09:20 PM.