AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Trading the Forester…..Buying my first Jeep !!
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2015
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
Not yet, but if time permits today I might ask Mr Dealer while I'm there

Just need to check I can get similar features that I'm getting on the TH in the same price bracket. I'm not even sure if the Grand has the same tech pack options as the TH. Some stuff comes standard in the upper models of the Grand, and others appear as options on lower models.

With the TH it's pretty much all or nothing between the LTD and the TH (at least for the tech pack / convenience pack).
Hi Matty

I'm a Lurker on AJOR but came out to post a response to your KL thread. We have both - MY14 Grand Overland and an MY15 KL Limited CRD (with Tech and Electronic/Conv Groups)

You've probably been to the dealer now and test driven the Grand but I wanted to just compare the two vehicles with specific regards to the Tech onboard once you have loaded up either the Limited or the Trailhawk KL (compared to our GC Overland).

Whilst they both share some of the Tech, the KL has more and what they do share, the KL is more refined in some instances. In no particular order (just as they come to my mind) -

- Blind spot monitoring/Cross path detection/FCW - Both

- Adaptive Cruise Control ie: Radar Cruise Control - Both although the KL is more refined whereby it will come to a complete stop and then go again still under the control of ACC.

- Park sense front and rear - Both but the KL has stop with the rear sense. ie: similar to the FCW whereby 'BRAKE' appears on the EVIC and it will brake by itself before you back into something.

- Lane Departure Warning - KL only
- Parallel and Perpendicular parking with Stop - KL only
- Remote Start - KL only
- QI wireless charging pad for phones - KL only
- Stop/Start - KL only (ie: at traffic lights, the transmission turns off and starts again when you take your foot off the brake - emissions control feature - you can turn it off with each driving cycle if you wish by pressing a button just below the Uconnect screen).

- 8" Uconnect screen - Both.
- Uconnect functionality - two differences; one minor, one major. Minor is that on the KL you can choose a different 'skin'. Nothing to write home about, it's just a different choice of background (there are 7 of them from memory). The major difference however, is that the Navigation via Voice Recognition works on the KL. It doesn't on the Grand.

- DAB+ radio. MY15 Grand Cherokee only (not on ours). Not on the KL either.

I think that's all - I may think of other things but they are the major differences in Tech between the two vehicles that we have.

Oh, also the KL has a 230v aux power outlet in rear seat area (below the air vents for the rear).

Hope that helps, but after visiting the dealer, you probably know all of this anyway.

My advice - Buy the Trailhawk. You know you want to.

Last edited by SJetc; 19-01-2015 at 02:21 PM.