AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ 2.5TD VM... weird problem!!
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2015
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,590 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernicious View Post
Did a little more troubleshooting today. The #1 injector was reading ~120 Ohms and we tapped on it with the end of a screw driver to see if we could get it to jump. It was solid. (I think the reason it was reading so low the other day was my troubleshooting skills. This time my electrician friend did the troubleshooting).

The wiring jack on the vehicle side was originally shooting from 7 - Open. So we pulled the plug apart to see which wire was causing the problem. Once we got it apart neither wire would shoot open. The brown wire shot 7 Ohms and the green wire shot <1 Ohm. We moved it around to see if there was anywhere the wires were rough or broken. We couldn't find anything.

So now I'm a little stumped. I did not have this problem before rebuilding the top side of the motor, and now I do. I'm not sure where to look from here.

Oh ya, and I looked at the contacts on both sides, they are pretty clean.

The wastegate moves freely with minimal pressure.

My EGR system is long gone.

Thoughts?

Vern
MAF/MAP not right