AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Glow plug broke inside engine
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
I'm not exactly sure, but as I understand it you have just the threaded steel shell part left in there, yes?

You could possibly try an ezy out, but I would soak the thread with WD40 first overnight and then heat the area up with a propane torch as ezy outs are a very brittle high tensile material and they can snap in there leaving you in a world of hurt.

It would be worth getting a mobile mechanic out for a look. When I lived in Geelong I remember we had one that specialized in broken bolt etc. Removal.

Good luck mate!

Yes that's correct...

I've spoken to a mechanic who's at least willing to check it and see if it's possible.

I just can't believe that single plug can cause this. Never in my wildest dreams would I have seen this happening. Im still coming to terms with going from changing a plug, to talking about removing the top half of the engine.

Is this a jeep thing? My non-jeep mates were not too subtle about pointing out that this is a problem more common to jeeps because of the alloy heads? Is this right?

It's a KJ thing!
KJ Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition