AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint87 View Post
I know it's been covered so didn't want to start another thread. I've just put stu murchison flexi coils in the front and although I have 2inch ome rear springs and 2 inch shackles the rear is sitting a good 2 inches lower. I have got quotes from the states for new leaves but just don't have $600 for springs atm. I also have some 2 inch efs springs whats people's thoughts on using the main leaf (cutting eyes off) as the second leaf in the ome springs? Or any other options for a cheap rear lift?

Thanks
You really need to find some leafs that have a real bend to them. Jeep leafs are nearly flat.
When you pull this spare pack you have to bits, you can compare its leafs with your existing ones with the wheels just off the ground. If the spare ones have much more curve, you will gain lift.
This is what I did. I had a pair of XA falcon leaf packs & just replaced the second leaf in my jeep ones with the most curved ones from the XA ones.
By just replacing, it didnt stiffen it in the rear much, just lifted.
JungleJuice played with the add a lift idea without very good results.
Another option would be to find some lifting blocks.