AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Mopar rock rails and lift kits -- advice and where to buy?
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
I did it myself. It was a bit of trial and error, but those videos are useful at avoiding mistakes (they weren't around when I did mine). I'd trust someone like Murchisons to do it, in hind sight that probably would have been preferable. But not a Jeep dealer, its easy to get frustrated and end up scratching things.

I had to put the first rail on 3 times before I got the sequence right (the instructions can lead you down the wrong path). I also had to buy some bits (J hooks and plastic wedges) to help remove the clips on the original plastic bits. It took me something like 6 hours to get the first one right, then the 2nd one was 2 hours.

Make sure you pre-thread all the bolts to make sure they spin straight on when fitting. And I used 2 jacks to push the holes into place front and back.
Hey mate, just sorting mine out currently, making sure i've got all the tools and kit that I need before tackling it, what did you use to trim the wheel well carpet/cover at the rear and cut the plastic from the existing trim for the front?

I can't seem to find any notes online on these parts.