AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ 2.5 TD VM engine
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

When I bought mine I took T local mech to get rwc. No idea what they did to it but I towed it him with a flat batt and issue of crank but no fire. I replaced the aftermarket fuel filter assy with a racor branded one (see diesel parts thread) and new filter. I then plunged/primed the sh1t out of it. Felt like there was resistance/blockage (?) which dissapated. At the time I put it down to air lock/block. After that she fired and I kept revs up for a minute or 4 and all was happy. LB posted at the time about rubber oring in fuel filter plunger going brittle over time potentially introducing air into fuel line and others have reported issue since. I'd chk that? Regarding no fuel issue, the IP is the only pump involved - no fuel pump in tank so (I'm guessing here) it will need to be primed else wont suck (cavitate). Just my thoughts, but I'm certainly no mech so take anything with a grain of salt