AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 245/75 R17 JK Wrangler Tyres on a Standard Height Commander?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts
Thumbs up All Fitted and Looking Good!

Well, they're all fitted now and looking good. Well, looks much better than it did anyway..... Just need my lift now and it will look great. It really pronounces the rear to front rake of these things - over an inch!

The good news is that it is only the front right hand side that just touches the well liner - the passenger side is fine. I took it for a decent drive to check tyre noise and speedo check with the GPS etc.

The tyre noise is fine, barely noticeable over the old H/T's it had on it before. The speedo reads under by about 2-3km @60km/hr and by about 5km/hr @100km/hr. I will correct this when I get my Hypertech 752501 and adjust for the tyre size. I wish I had taken notice of what the previous revs @100km/hr was, but I know now it is sitting at around 2,050 RPM anyway.

Interesting to note that the dash mounted sat nav speed must not be calculated via satellites as it read about 7-8km/hr lower than the GPS on my phone. What a piece of shit!! That was the only reason why I was keeping it and now I think it's going into the scrap bin.

Also picked up my 3rd Rhino Rack cross bar and fitting kit, so I will actually be able to mount and load the roof rack properly! Baby steps.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyres6.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	71552  

Last edited by Hanna; 08-06-2015 at 08:05 PM.