AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Mopar Lift Kit?
Thread: Mopar Lift Kit?
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2015
Established Member

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks for the info guys,
But now I stand totally confused & bewildered as to the state of my one day old Wrangler. When I picked up the car yesterday, it was late afternoon, & by the time I got home it was getting dark. I had realised the ride was firm the moment I left the dealer, but I would see how it went on my way home. This morning I decided to have a look under the Jeep at the front end & have a close look at the components & fitting of the lift kit to see if any thing was amiss. I could not believe my eyes as to what I was seeing! The front springs had an aluminium spacer installed inside them at the base of the spring holder. This spacer was approximately 70mm high & was about 10mm from the top rubber bump stop, effectively not allowing the spring to compress. I could just get my index finger between it and the rubber bump stop. This was obviously the reason for the extremely harsh ride, as the Jeep effectively had 10mm of travel in the front springs. To me, the spacer looks like something that would be used to prevent suspension movement whilst being shipped. I contacted the dealer & told them, & they actually came out to my place to have a look, as I told them I was not happy driving this vehicle in this condition. Two Jeep service guys came over. I showed them the issue & one one them said that the installation instructions for the kit stated that this spacer is to be placed in the spring. Now I am no mechanic, but logic tells me that a spring is totally useless if it is not allowed to compress or expand, so my first thought was that there guys had no idea about even the most basic operation of a suspension system. In the end they had to agree that these spacers were causing the issue. They took the Jeep away & left me with a loan car. The jeep will be back tomorrow morning, hopefully fixed. Fingers crossed! The guys at Jeep were actually prompt & quite helpful, but a little more product knowledge regarding these installs would be good. I won't mention the name of the dealer, but lets just say they are on the western side of Melbourne. Day one of my first Jeep ownership isn't quite going the way I expected