AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Distracted driving: who uses voice control devices, when and why?
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post Distracted driving: who uses voice control devices, when and why?

Hi everyone!

I am conducting a survey on drivers who use/do not use voice control devices. Details of the survey are as follow. I would appreciate if you could help me and spend sometime to complete my survey. Thanks a lot!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating a mobile phone while driving has been found to be distracting, yet in NSW, since January 2014, on average, 1000 fines have been issued each day to drivers who use hand-held mobile phones while driving. Voice control interfaces such as in-vehicle voice control (e.g. Ford SYNC) and smartphone voice control capabilities (e.g. Siri in the iPhone) have the potential to reduce distraction and improve driving performance. However, little is known about which drivers use these interfaces and how they interact with them.

This online survey attempts to understand drivers’ interactions with voice control devices and their possible (positive or negative) impacts on safety. First we need to know about who uses voice control interfaces while driving, what they are used for, and how often they are used.

You can access the online survey at http://www.surveys.unsw.edu.au/f/159929/204b/

For further queries, contact Nurul Ikhmar Ibrahim at n.ibrahim@student.unsw.edu.au
or Dr Carlo Caponecchia at carloc@unsw.edu.au or 02 93857184