AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - suspension lifts for WK2
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Thanks Wanderer,

Is this summary of your current setup accurate?

Front springs: Dobinson [40mm lift, 50-100kg accessories]
Front shocks: Old Man Emu

Rear springs: Dobinson [40mm lift]
Rear shocks: OEM/Nivomat
Yep pretty much it..Dobinson do have their own front struts and constant load rear spring/shocky set as well as the Nivomat but I already had the OME kit..If you're after the 50mm lift OME springs they are sitting in my shed at the right price...Cheap...real cheap.

Might add that I have taller tyres wcich give me an extra 13mm on top of the lift..Speedo is exactly what the GPS reads and those speed detector signs you often see.. The OE speedo calibration reads about 3km/hg higher that actual ground speed but now is spot on with the BFGs...doesn't leave much room for cruise control over-run down hill which can be substantial so I found out the hard way...Twice!!

Also I'm not that fussed with the idea of adding coil spacers for lift or (Topout) unless the bump stops are replaced to prevent "Coil Bind" when fully compressed..Can cause serious suspension damage on rough tracks like the Tanami,Gibb or Canning..bit far from home to break things...

Last edited by Wanderer; 16-07-2015 at 12:00 PM.